Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm so sorry...

...for my laptop! It is literally groaning under the pressure! Yeah, literally. The tiny fan inside sounds like a very loud phone when it's in vibrate mode! Also sometimes like that etching machine in the steel shops used to write names on steel utensils! (Great example!!)

No space; I can afford to download just three more movies. It is on for almost the whole day. Barely four hours of rest I suppose on an average. I always forget to switch off the charger; this is the third charger I'm using and I still haven't learnt my lesson. There is something very wrong with the wiring in our house. Something to do with the earthing. So in the evenings, I should be extra careful handling this laptop because when I touch some parts of it, I get a shock! Luckily, not too many softwares so performance is just as good as it always was. But there are too many files and and too little ram space - because there are at least ten windows open all the time- so Search is damn slow. And there are too many files to remember their locations so I need to search every little thing. HIMYM, Friends, Harry Potter, movies are the the only locations I can open without searching.

Too many signs of aging! :-(

On both of us!! :-( :-(

8 comments:

  1. :D :D Aging?? ha ha!! for files/folders i gave you a solution long ago!! just get a HDD!!! not even 1 TB is coming for less than 6k bucks!! u lazy granny!!!

    and if there is an earthing trouble in the wiring and you can't find out where, you don keep getting more and more chargers!! you buy a stabilizer!! or an UPS!!

    and for a more organized maintenance of files.. there is a method.. something called file lister, which lists out all the files in one column of xl file and their location in the next along with the size of files. So, just hyperlink the locations.. and next time open the file "ctrl+F" "enter".. thats it.. u are in the folder you want... its very easy to use..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And i am more than sure you aren't gonna do any of the things above .... ha ha..!! I m just imagining the sound of your lappy..!!

    Some days back i had nightmare with some damn win 2000 laptop. If it wasn't company laptop i would have seriously thrown it out of the window..!! BTW isn't it time for some studies..!! whats with Movies..!! ??? The other day we had this conversation about college, definitely i remembered all of yu but thats not the point, i just felt so happy that i don't have to bloody read and give exams..!! I wonder how ppl are still studying..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @cvsr
    UPS lived for 30 happy days and died! Don't underestimate the power of earthing :-D
    HDD yeah.. I'll buy a new one only after I get my one repaired. I'm so angry!!!
    File lister...hmmmmmmmmmmm


    @arina
    pandi!!

    Who's "we"? And what discussion?? You familiar with the phrase rubbing salt on an open wound???
    Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this template...!! The background looks lively..!! ....!! We as in Arnab, I and Pavan..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There wil be no use suggesting sandhya pandhi anything.She wil do if she wants to or else bhaad me jaaye poora duniya!!
    Hehe...vry gd comparisions :)
    Where has ur electrical knowledge gone?Fix d system in ur ghar :D
    Im reading ur blog first tym aaj..i nvr knew dat dis existed!!Thanks to u and ur psych nature!!
    BTW its damn good..vry good.Keep up and yea i want some clarifications ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What clarifications?
    and %^$^$%^$#$#!@#$@$#@$#
    I don't know why I am angry with you. I woke up this morning and I'm suddenly angry and I was particularly angry with you!!! What did you do???

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!
    ur hidden actual instincts r surfacing!!
    stupid anger on ppl with reason u evn donno :P
    calm down dear...doctor says ders still hope :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. And yea wat did I do?!!!?
    lemme think..I probably cald ur stupid mobile some 100 tyms and thn I cal up ur landline.
    80 % of d tyms u wil be sleeping in ur raanivaas and rest 20% u wil be in ur pursuits in d nearby villages revolving lyk a satellite!!
    I remember only this mam :))

    ReplyDelete

//