Sunday, October 3, 2010

Murderer!!!

Terrible title, yes, but the story is terrible too.

My brother bought a fish tank, and a tiny fish. I don't like fish or any aquatic creature so my opinion will be unfair but everyone else thought that the fish was so cute. The first few days were great for that fish - fresh water twice a day, food four or five times and so many admirers. As the days went by naturally this fish got boring for everyone, especially for its owner. It was being seriously neglected - fresh water only when it rains, food when someone comes across the food can and people were not even noticing it. So the poor thing was lazing around the unclean tank and it looked like it was getting ill (I sincerely hope it has been ill!!)

One day after listening to so many people pitying the condition of that fish, I thought I should do the needful; like fresh water, food etc. Now you have to keep in mind that I really, really hate fish. They're slimy, slippery and creepy. I started filling in fresh water. Somehow the fish slipped and fell down, out of the tank, and somehow after a long long looong five minute struggle, I got the thing back in. But I was too late. It was alive when I put it back in. But by the next morning it was dead. Dad has taken it away before I woke up and everything. But the deed is done. Those five minutes when that fish was out of its tank will be my most horrifying experience - that fish jumping all over the place, me screaming for someone to come, and trying to hold that thing and leaving it the moment I touched it, aaaaargh!!! I don't want to think about that . Even now as I'm typing, I can hear my own heart beat, my stomach is clenched tight and I'm breathing with difficulty. 

My emotions, reactions are not very strong. ["I'm serene" / "I'm passive" -- pick your choice.] There were other more serious and terrifying incidents in my life but by far this is the one to which my reaction was the strongest. Yeah, I know I know! This whole thing is not even a 'thing' in normal, sensible, grownup world and it is too childish and immature but I cant help what's happening to me, right? 

P.S: I'm a non-vegetarian. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm still a non-vegetarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

//